Thursday, July 30, 2015

Post XX. Lynda.com

I decided to do a brief review of Lynda.com in case if there are people in our class who are not familiar with this wonderful learning tool yet.
Lynda.com offers a collection of learning materials related to different topics, from Instructional Design to Photography. Usually, you get access to a set of video-lectures that are often accompanied by exercises to assist you in processing the new information. The quality of lectures is very high; they represent short videos, no more than 10 minutes long. What is important for me as an international student, the lecturers speak clearly and slowly (in a normal way), which helps me follow them with no additional effort involved.
There is a wide range of learning activities available on Lynda.com, and, what is more, this web portal is absolutely free for FSU students. This is great news because the regular monthly price is $20 minimum, depending on the chosen plan. In the Secure Apps folder on my.fsu.edu, there is a direct link to the Lynda.com website that enables you to get your free access. 
Lynda.com also has an iPad application for those people who prefer being mobile.


Watch a short video about Lynda.com below. What courses would you like take (or are taking) on this eLearning portal?


6 comments:

  1. Varby,
    thanks for sharing! Lynda.com is an incredible place to learn! I watched a whole bunch of tutorials on this website, such as Adobe Lightroom, Basics of Photography, Flash in Photography, Davinci Resolve Color Correction, Native Instruments Maschine Studio, Cubase 8, Adobe Photoshop, Guitar Rig 5, and I think there were several more :)
    All of the videos are really professionally made! I, Definitely, will continue to use Lynda.com after graduation. 20 dollars per month is a pretty low price for such an amazing learning experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing I like Lynda is that it shows the structure very clearly, and people could choose sections they want to learn, because most of time people do not want to spend time in introduction and simple instruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Yujia. Lynda is greatly structured.

      Delete
  3. Hi Varby!
    Thank you for your post! I have used Lynda.com to familiarize myself with Adobe Captivate 8. We are encouraged to use Lynda.com at my internship to promote professional development. I also enjoy the fact that Lynda.com has an app available and I watch videos on my phone when I am in a waiting room or would like a quick break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiba Inu Owner!

      What a coincidence: I am learning Adobe Captivate on Lynda now :)

      Delete